Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Late Summer Projects!

DH had not been feeling well all summer and while I stuck around the house to make sure he was OK, I sewed!!

This was an adorable quilt that I did for my young nephew who just loves his "puppy dogs".

It was a South Sea Import fabric - It's a Dogs Life from Bella Lu Studio. Very cute panel with coordinating fabric. I found it at a fantastic price at Mardens in Maine (just love that place).


For the back, I was a bit short on the fabric that I wanted to use and had extra squares and extra border fabric as I cut the border on the length of the goods.


Close up . . .


The pictures really do not do it justice - Jon LOVED the quilt!! and I was absolutely adorable!!

The next project was a Birthday gift for a dear friend back in Virginia.  I made this from Bright fabric and batiks purchased at one of my favorite local Quuilt Stores.


The inside has lots of pockets to hold small stuff





More to come - I have been busy!!