Monday, February 4, 2013

Progress

I thought that I would take time out to show the progress on my Son's Birthday quilt mande from the Bali Brown Sugar Crackers. I have squared the blocks, arranged them and sewed them together. This is what I have so far:


I am pleased with it. This center will finish up at 48" x 56" before the borders. I have already put the 45 degree Piano Border together ready to cut. 

To do this, I took each Bali Pop strip and cut it in half using a 45 degree cut. I then arranged them and sewed them to arrive at this piece:


Once this is stripped into  four inch pieces, it will become the second border!  I still need to purchase a nice brown for the first and third borders to set it all off. All finished I expect it to finish up approximately 70" x 78". This will be a great size for the couch when done!