Thursday, March 17, 2011

It has been a long winter

I am SO ready for spring. It has bee a long winter. Since my last post, we have had ice dams on the roof and a lot of damage on the interior resulting from them. Two walls and about half of my beautiful hardwood floor had to be ripped out. DH is busy on interior repairs and the leaks have stopped so fixing the roof will be a Spring and summer job.

On a more pleasant note, I have started working at a Local Quilt Store (LQS). It is a small shop but very busy, excellent prices (the owner believes that she should sell fabric - but because of the lower prices does not have big sales). I worked two days this week and next week it will be three days. I did have a great time and in the down time make shop samples. The ladies that I get to work with are fantastic and it makes the day go so quickly.

I have not been doing a lot of sewing due the all the above but did finish a small Quilt as you Go table topper made for a door prize at the local Women's Club fund raiser.


The lighting was not great when I took the picture, so the Batik colors do not pop as they did in person. I also did two small quilts on the longarm for the Linus group in Maine.

Hopefully I will get into the sewing room today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment